College food on a budget

Budgeting Food

Wednesday, April 24th, 2019

As a college student my budget is very tight. I always try to save money any way I can and a major way that I do it is making my own meals and snacks. Even though it is fun to pack your lunch and shop, I do get intense cravings for Noodles & Company and Potbelly. But I don’t want to blow my monthly budget on mac and cheese, so I scoured the internet and app store for some deals and rewards to use at the delicious restaurants that line Chauncey:

Noodles & Company Rewards App – You can get free cookies, $3 off your next purchase, and so much more. All you have to do is create an account. You do not have to enter your credit card. Available on the App Store and Google Play Store.

Lotsa – Lotsa Pizza has a $5.99 lunch special Monday – Saturday on their most popular creations. So when you are running between classes you can grab a quick, cheap bite.

Potbelly Perks – Download the Potbelly rewards app on the App Store or Google Play Store and get a smile (a reward point) for every $2 you spend. You also get a free cookie on your birthday and sometimes even $3 off a meal!

Hot Box Pizza – Get ½ off pizza every week, with the Hot Box loyalty program. Sign up here. You can also sign up for promo alerts on your phone, six per month.

Einstein Bros Bagels – When you download the Einstein Bros Bagels App you get points for every purchase that you can redeem for free bagels, coffee, and more!

Latea – Bubble tea is probably my favorite pick me up treat! At Latea if you give the cashier your phone number you are automatically in their rewards program where with every purchase you make you earn points that you can use any time. You do not have to wait to reach an amount to use the points!!

Now there are probably loads more ways to save money as a college student, but I hope this helps you tackle those cravings while saving some cash.

Eesha Patel is a junior at Krannert majoring in Industrial Management with a concentration in Engineering. A native of San Jose, California, she enjoys traveling.

Leave comments below, or email management@purdue.edu